- ALWAYS have a fruit and/or veggie with each meal and snack! If you aren’t hungry enough to eat a fruit or veggie, then you aren’t hungry!
- Measure EVERYTHING (except fruits and veggies)
- A very important part of my success for me is to allow myself to “cheat” once a week so that I don’t feel deprived. Just one meal, once a week.
- Drink LOTS of water… Get a water bottle that you really like. It sounds silly, but It will help you to remember to drink more water!
- NEVER get fast food (Subway is the only exception- but it has to be a healthy choice from there… there are a lot of unhealthy choices there, too.)
- Eat every 2-3 hours. Don’t let yourself get too hungry. That is when bad decisions are made.
- No soda. Not even diet soda.
- If you use oil, make sure it is a healthy oil! Olive oil or coconut oil are good.